Advanced Forestry Skills Program
The Advanced Forestry Skills Training Program is a 14 week, fully funded, field-based forestry training program and a 3 week job placement delivered by College of the Rockies and Stillwater Consulting
Participants gain a wide variety of skills and certifications as well as opportunities to network with local employers.
The next intake for this program is August 20 - December 21, 2018
- Program location: Cranbrook, BC
- Price: Fully funded program for eligible individuals
- 560 instructional hours and hands on practical application delivered
- 120 hours of work placement with local forestry employers
- 29 industry and certification topics (OFA Level 3, Danger Tree Assessment, Siviculture Survey, Chainsaw Operation, and many more.) Certificates issued where applicable.
- Regular opportunities for students to network with potential employers
- Guest speakers discussing current practical applications to training as well as threats and opportunities facing the forestry industry
- Job placement preparation with employer input and feedback (resume development, essential skills development, current employment opportunities and interviewing)
To be eligible for this program:
- EI eligible (new EI eligibility criteria as of April 2018)
- Currently unemployed or working less than 20 hours per week
- High level of commitment and a keen interest in pursuing full time work in the forestry sector
- Legally eligible to work in BC
- Phone: 250-489-8242
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Employment Program of British Columbia is funded by the Government of Canada and
the Province of British Columbia.