This comprehensive, foundation program is designed to help prepare students for entry level positions as apprentices in the Hairstylist (cosmetology) industry. The program is taught through regular lectures, demonstrations and practical skills training in a commercial salon setting.
Participants will be assisted in obtaining sponsors for 3 weeks of practicum training.
Students are provided access to the College’s Learning Support System to assist them in the development of computer, math, writing and communication skills.
Program Information: The Hairstylist program is part of the Vocational trades training programs at the College of the Rockies. The program prepares students for the ITA Certificate of Qualification Exam and the Cosmetology Industry Association of BC Certificate of Qualification Exam.
1. Minimum Grade 10
2. ACE-IT requires permission from the Career Education Coordinator
3. Applicants must be non-allergic to the solutions used in this occupation. This occupation is physically demanding and reasonable physical condition is necessary. Strong people skills are required.
Credit can be awarded for this program through Flexible Assessment.
Prior Learning Credit: Student may apply for prior learning credit with the ITA (Industry Training Authority) please visit www.itabc.ca or the Cosmetology Industry Association of BC for information on receiving prior learning credit.
Follow this link for more Tuition Information.
Textbook and Supplies:
Students will be required to purchase textbooks and supplies for the program which include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Mi Lady Standard Text of Cosmetology/Review Pivot Point
• Mi Lady Cosmetology Theory Workbook
• Mi Lady Cosmetology Practical Workbook
• Advanced Hairdressing Kit
Please contact us to confirm supplies prior to purchase.