Plumber Level 2 Program Overview
Growing construction activity in BC has resulted in an increased need for skilled plumbers in commercial, institutional and industrial builds. Plumber Apprenticeship Level 2 is your next step to becoming a Red Seal certified plumber.
This 6- week program covers the skills, knowledge and training required for Level 2 of the 4 Level Industry Training Authority (ITA) Plumber Apprenticeship Program.
In order to take this program, you must be a sponsored apprentice who has successfully completed a Foundation or Apprenticeship Level 1 program.
- Topics covered include using measuring and leveling tools, installing, maintaining and repairing sanitary and storm drainage systems, fixtures and appliances, hydronic heating and cooling systems, and specialized systems, such as medical gas and compressed air systems.
- The program includes classroom theory, demonstrations and practical hands-on training in a plumbing lab and shop setting.
- Safe work habits are important in this trade and are emphasized, practiced and reinforced throughout the program.
To view the official program outline, see: Plumber Apprenticeship Level 2
In order to take this program you must have:
- Successfully completed a Foundation or Apprenticeship Level 1 program
- Have an employer sponsor
Next intake: March 25 - May 3, 2019
Dates for additional levels will be added soon.
Interested in becoming an employer sponsor? Visit: ITA Employer Sponsor Overview
*Tuition and Fees:
|Total Cost (tuition and fees)||$653.88|
|Trades Apprenticeship students who are new to the College pay a one-time application fee per trade.|
|Student Association fee:||$13.80|
|Trades, vocational and health programs are charged based on the number of weeks they are in session. For these programs the student association fee is $2.30 per week of study.|
You must also provide your own:
- CSA approved personal protective equipment (PPE)
- CSA approved hardhat, blue in colour
- Steel-toed work boots
- Safety glasses
- Reference materials
- Pen, pencils, coloured pencils, etc.
- Three-ringed binders and paper (lined and unlined)
- Geometry set
*These prices are for domestic students and may not be 100% accurate. However, these estimates will give you an adequate idea of tuition and fees for our programs. These prices do not include textbook, supply or required tools costs. All prices are subject to change.
Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG)
When you complete your Red Seal program, you can apply for the one-time taxable cash Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG) of $2,000.00 after you have been certified in your trade. See: Grants for Apprentices registered in Red Seal Trades.