* Jobs for Students.
Date posted: 5/25/2012
Closing date: 8/23/2012
Number of positions: 4
Location: Jazan, Saudi Arabia
Description / duties:
Some jobs are a great opportunity…
Then there are jobs that are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Imagine having the opportunity to travel across the world and the rich experience of living in a different country and experiencing a diverse culture. Imagine having the opportunity to teach in Saudi Arabia.
Algonquin College, one of the largest Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Canada, and Cadre, a dynamic company with a mission to train local Saudi Arabian talent, have partnered to facilitate the delivery of globally competitive, technical training diploma programs at Jazan Economic Cities Polytechnic College (JEC PT) near the Red Sea port city of Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Due to continued growth in student registration for the Electrical Engineering Technician and Mechanical Technician-Industrial Millwright diploma programs, we are adding additional resources to join the current academic team.
Algonquin College on behalf of Cadre is currently seeking Professors from North America for the Electrical and Mechanical Technician Programs for a one to five year assignment in Jazan, Saudi Arabia. Courses will be delivered in English using Algonquin College’s curriculum.
Electrical Engineering Technician Instructor
• Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and related work experience
• Experience in the electrical power industry
Mechanical Technician – Industrial Millwright Instructor
• Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology Diploma or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and related work experience
• Certification or industry experience working as a Millwright, Mechanical Maintenance Technologist, Tool and Die Maker or General Machinist would be an asset
• Experience in the use of CAD tools and CAM would be an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum 2 years of teaching experience preferably in a college setting
• Experience in curriculum development and in the design of instructional materials
• Experience in use of student management software and learning tools, such as Blackboard
• Ability to use computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a post-secondary setting
• Ability to work independently and with others to develop and/or adapt learning materials to help learners achieve their goals
Cadre offers an attractive compensation package including, travel, accommodation, vacation, benefits, assignment premium as well as comprehensive orientation. If you possess a sense of adventure, are culturally aware and a have a desire to experience Saudi Arabia we want to hear from you!
For more information, please visit
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com and indicate where you viewed this posting.
Jazan, Saudi Arabia
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.