Flexible Assessment

We recognize that adults may have acquired college-level learning through life experience such as self-directed study, paid employment, volunteer work, travel, and non-college courses. Through the Flexible Assessment process, learning may be recognized for credit in college programs. In order to be eligible for College of the Rockies credit, prior learning must be:

  • Current
  • At a college course equivalent level
  • Include the appropriate balance of theory and practice

If you think that you may be a candidate for flexible assessment, please contact Student Services.

If you have completed a course(s) at another institution that is equivalent to a College of the Rockies course, you may be eligible for Transfer Credit.

Note: Flexible Assessment is often commonly referred to as Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), or Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR), or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).