Board of Governors
Human Resources Standing Committee
The human resources committee assists the board in fulfilling obligations relating to human resource and compensation matters, ensuring plans of continuity and development for senior management are in place.
Chair for External Relations: Glen Campbell
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage the process for evaluation of the President, ensuring adequate participation and College Board involvement;
- Develop the president's performance objectives together with the president, the chair and the board;
- Review and recommend the President's compensation;
- Ensure that a succession plan is in place for the CEO;
- Review annually with the President the succession plans for the Vice Presidents and report annually to the Board the status of the plans;
- Review and recommend the endorsement of major changes in the organizational structure of management as proposed by the president;
- To review information and recommendations from the President related to the Policies Concerning Salaries, Benefits and Working Conditions for members of the Senior Management Team (SMT);
- To advise the College Board and Administration on matters relating to existing and proposed personnel policies, annual review of processes (i.e. recruitment/retention, succession planning, compensation) and to present recommendations, reports and memorandums to the Board;
- To review information and recommendations from Administration related to labour relations policies and/or initiatives;
- To advise on mandate and strategic information on negotiations with faculty and staff.
The membership of the Human Resources Committee shall be appointed by the Board and shall consist of:
- No less than three (3) and no more than five (5) appointed Board members, including the Board Chair;
- The Executive Director Human Resources;
- President (ex-officio)
- The committee shall meet at least four times per year.
- The committee shall maintain appropriate minutes.
- The committee shall report regularly to the Board on the status of committee activities on an ongoing basis.