From concept to completion – watch your project come to life with a career as a carpenter.
Are you creative? Do you enjoy working hands-on both indoors and outdoors? If so, a career in Carpentry might be the right fit for you! Carpenters construct, erect, install, maintain and repair structures and components of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials.
To work as a carpenter, you should:
- Be precise, accurate, efficient and be able to solve mathematical problems with ease
- Have good observation skills and the ability to multi-task
- Be able to work independently or within a team
Why Choose a career in carpentry?
- According to the British Columbia Labour Market Outlook: 2018 Edition, careers in the construction industry will continue to grow over the next decade, with an estimated 9,130 job openings between 2017-2027.
- With time and experience you can advance into higher management positions such as foreman, supervisor, superintendent, or project manager. You may even choose to open your own construction company. The possibilities are endless!
There's no worry about doing the same thing day in, day out. Given the nature of construction, things are always changing so no two days are alike and every job is different.