Tuition & Fees
Note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change. Please visit the Trades Program Tuition page to confirm costs.
- Student Association Fees
- if applicable: tool box deposit and Occupational First Aid Level 1
- if applicable: Mandatory U-Pass for Fall and Winter semesters and for Spring and Summer semesters for full-time status at the Cranbrook campus; except where noted otherwise.
International Students: Visit our Tuition page
Textbooks and Learning Resources
Depending on the level of training ,textbooks will range in cost from $200 - $300. For up-to-date prices, please use our bookstore's online text calculator.
Access to a computer outside of normal class time will be necessary. Personal laptop or tablet recommended but not required. (Contact Chef Instructor for more information.)
Two complete uniforms (approximately $200), consisting of:
- 1 hat
- 2 jackets (jacket measurements arranged first day of class)
- 2 pants
- 2 aprons
- 2 towels
- 1 pair of closed-toe, leather non-slip shoes or clogs
For the first day of class, you will also require a set of kitchen knives and holder (approximately $350) consisting of:
- 1 Knife wrap
- 1 Chef Knife (10 inch)
- 1 Serrated Knife (approx 10 inch)
- 1 Flexible Boning Knife (6 inch)
- 1 Paring Knife (approx 3.25 inch)
- 1 Peeler
- 1 Steel (12 inch)
- 1 set measuring spoons
- 1 double ended Melon ball scoop
- 1 channel knife
- 1 zester
Costs may vary. Contact the Chef instructors for more information.
Note: Students are responsible for their own laundry and equipment.