Scholarships and Awards
Professional Cook Training Entrance Scholarship
The Professional Cook Training Entrance Scholarship offers a $500 tuition scholarship for a first-year student entering the COOK 1 program at College of the Rockies.
To receive a Professional Cook Training Scholarship applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be a first-year student entering Cook One of the Culinary Arts program at College of the Rockies
- Submit a student essay briefly describing your career goals and your desire to excel in the Culinary Arts Program
- Submit a completed application form before fall or the winter semester
Southern Interior Development Initiative Trust (SIDIT)
There are two types of awards that have been developed to assist students with financial need:
- For students in dual credit programs such as Ace-It (High School).
- For students who are not currently in a dual credit program, but who plan to attend a post secondary institution.
Awards range from $500-$5000. All you need to do is apply.
Grant Money Available for Apprentices
Service Canada’s Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG) is a taxable cash grant of $1,000 per year, up to a maximum of $2,000 per person, available to registered apprentices once they have successfully finished their first or second year/level (or equivalent) of an apprenticeship program in one of the Red Seal trades.