Distance / Online Learning Program Calendar (2017/18)
STAT-106 - Statistics
|STAT-106||Statistics||3 - credits||$318.06|
This course introduces the fundamental ideas of statistics and can be applied to any discipline. Topics include: collection, description, and presentation of data; calculating central tendency and dispersion; probability and statistical inference; hypothesis testing (means, proportions, variances, one and two samples); correlation and regression; decision making and sampling, Goodness of Fit Tests, and Contingency Tables.
Prerequisites: Principles of Math 11, Foundations of Math 11, Applications of Math 11, Pre-calculus Math 11, Math 080, Math 101, Math 111 or equivalent. Recommendations: Experience using Microsoft Excel.
Delivery Method: On-Campus Online
Lab Required: Yes - please note courses with labs are charged an additional fee of $24.34 per course credit.
Credits: 3 | Length: 60 hours | Course Outline for STAT-106
STAT-106 Statistics can be found in the following programs:
- Aboriginal Financial Management - Diploma
- Accounting - Diploma
- Biology and Medicine Pre-Major - Associate Degree
- Economics and Commerce Pre-Major - Associate Degree
- General Management - Diploma
- Kinesiology Exercise Science - Diploma
- Marketing - Diploma
- Pre-Education - Certificate
- Social Work Pre-Major - Associate Degree