Dual Admission - University of Lethbridge
To be eligible for the Dual Admission Program you must meet the admission requirements set forth by College of the Rockies and University of Lethbridge.
High School student
|Programs||Required Admission Average*|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A) – all majors||65%**|
|Bachelor of Science (BASc.) – all majors, except Environmental Sciences||65%**|
|Bachelor of Arts and Science (BASc.) – all majors||65%**|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)*||65%**|
*Dual Admission does not guarantee you admission into a competitive program (Faculty of Education, Environmental Sciences, Nursing etc.). Additional admission requirements are required for specific majors: Dramatic Arts, Music, Native Education and Physical Education (e.g., portfolio for fine arts or audition for music studio courses).
*Portfolio required for Art Studio majors
**The high school average is calculated using:
- One of : English 12 or English 12 First Peoples
- Three academic courses: Any Grade 12 or 12A-level language, History 12, Geography 12, Comparative Civilizations 12, BC First Nations' Studies 12, Pre-Calculus 12 or Foundations of Mathematics 12, Calculus 12, Biology 12, Chemistry 12, Physics 12, Geology 12, ICT Computer Programming 12, English Literature 12, Writing 12 or one 12-level fine arts course and
- A fifth distinct course at the Grade 12-level worth at least four credits.
College of the Rockies 1st Year Student
If you are transferring from College of the Rockies you typically require a C+ average in your courses. If you have not completed 8 courses at College of the Rockies your high school average will be considered during your application process:
|Transferable courses taken at COTR||Admission GPA (4.0 scale)||High School Average Required|
|Less than 3 courses||Not considered||65%|
|3 – 7 courses||2.0||60%|
|8 + courses||2.0||Not considered|
Note: Dual Admission does not guarantee you admission into a competitive program (Faculty of Education, Environmental Sciences, Nursing etc.). Additional admission requirements are required for specific majors: Dramatic Arts, Music, Native Education and Physical Education (e.g., portfolio for Fine Arts or audition for music studio courses).
Transition to University of Lethbridge
To be eligible to transfer to University of Lethbridge you must complete your studies at College of the Rockies with a GPA of at least 3 on the College's 10-point grading scale (2.00 on the U of L 4-point scale).
Transfer Activation Form: You will need to submit an "activation" form to the University of Lethbridge prior to transferring into your degree program. To get access to the early course registration date and eligibility to U of L's scholarships make sure you submit your activation form by the following dates:
- Fall Semester (September) - submit your "activation" form by February 15
- Spring Semester (January) - submit your "activation" form by September 15
- Summer Semester (May) - submit your "activation" form by February 15