Flu Season Information
I Live in Purcell House. What if I get sick?
If a medical professional recommends that you isolate for flu-like symptoms:
Tell your Resident Advisor (RA):
- RA on Duty: 250-420-1820
Back up RA: 250-420-1901
Return to your family home for isolation, if possible. We would encourage you to get a family member or friend to give you a ride. Do not use public transportation.
Tell your roommates (if you have any).
If isolating in your on-campus residence, wear a mask in shared spaces, such as a bathrooms, or when interacting with others. Additional masks available at the Purcell House front desk.
- Contact your instructors if you will miss class.
To request meal delivery:
Students who have reported their illness to the resident supervisor or RA can request meal delivery from a pre-set menu through Pita Wrapbit.
Meals will be delivered to the front desk of the Purcell House. The RA will bring it to your room.
Payment must be made using a pre-paid meal card available at Pita Wrapbit. Talk to an RA if you need assistance picking up your pre-paid meal card.
Call Pita Wrapbit at 250-489-4865 and provide your name, room number, and College of the Rockies ID when ordering your meal.
Meal delivery is available Monday to Friday between:
- Breakfast: 7:30am - 8:30am
- Lunch: 10:00am - 11:00am
Dinner: 4:30pm -- 5:30pm
Please order breakfast by 7:00pm the night before and all other meals, one hour prior to meal delivery time.
- Food delivery will not be available on weekends, however soup will be available from the Purcell House front desk.
If your roommate has been asked to isolate:
- Clean your space, including door knobs and appliances, with multipurpose cleaner such as bleach. Supplies are available from Purcell House staff.
Tips for avoiding illness:
- Wash hands often with soap.
- Use antibacterial wipes to frequently clean room surfaces.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not your hand.