Health Care Assistant
This seven-month program combines classroom and practical experience which provides students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to provide personal care to individuals in residential care as well as in community settings (home support and assisted living.) Applications are now being accepted.
September 4, 2018 - March 22, 2019 - Golden Campus
- 7 month program
- Combines classroom and practical experience
- Residential care, home support and assisted living facilities
- Theory = 20 weeks
- Practicum = 12 weeks
- Tuition fee: approximately $2,513 plus books. (Please contact us to confirm tuition and fees.)
- Grade 10 with a minimum grade of C in English and Applied Math 10; or
- ABE Advanced Level certificate with a minimum grade of C in English 070, Math 070; or
- GED with a minimum grade of C in English 070 and Math 070 or assessment.
Prepare now for entry into this program. Contact our Education Advisors for information about skill upgrading.
- CPR Level C and St. John Ambulance Emergency or OFA Level 1
- Must be physically fit and psychologically healthy
- Current immunization record and TB skin test (not to be completed until within 3 months of program start date.)
- A criminal record search is required.