This 44-week, pre-employment program is to gain knowledge and skills in hair styling techniques to enable graduates to perform the work of a hair stylist. The program qualifies for dual credit, meaning that students can receive up to 24 high school credits (PSI) towards his/her graduation while also working towards trade certification.
- Tuition fee: approximately $6000.00(Calgary program costs approximately $12,000.00)
- Incorporated both written and practical exam taken at the end of the program.
- Another tier of workplace training is needed to complete full certification in this trade.
- Hairstylist program is a dual credit program. Students can receive up to 24 high school credits (PSI) towards his/her graduation while also working towards trade certification.
- Minimum Grade 10
- ACE-IT requires permission from the Career Education Coordinator
- Applicants must be non-allergic to the solutions used in this occupation.
This occupation is physically demanding and reasonable physical condition is necessary. Strong people skills are required.
- Introduction to Hair Styling
- General Science
- Hair styling and cutting
- Chemical, texturing and hair colouring
- General hair and scalp care
- Wigs and hair pieces and extensions
- Basic nail care and massaging
- Business and employment skills