Health Care Assistant
Grade 10 with a minimum grade of 60% in English 10 and Math 10, or Adult Basic Education Intermediate level certificate with a minimum grade of 60% in English 70 and Math 70 or an assessment to an acceptable level.
For Non-native English Speakers - Standardized English language proficiency testing is required. Assessment to an acceptable level to determine eligibility. Please refer to the Care Aid and Community Health Worker Registry at http://www.cachwr.bc.ca for current English competency requirements.
- St. John Ambulance Standard first aid with CPR-C or a combination of CPR Level C and OFA Level 1 certificate
- Foodsafe Level 1 certificate
- Criminal record check from the Ministry of Justice, including clearance to work with vulnerable adults.
- Current immunizations and TB testing
- Must be physically and psychologically able to complete program activities with appropriate accommodation for disability as evidenced by a signed College of the Rockies medical self-disclosure form.