Health Care Assistant
Grade 10 with a minimum grade of 60% in English 10 and Math 10, or Adult Basic Education Intermediate level certificate with a minimum grade of 60% in English 70 and Math 70 or an assessment to an acceptable level.
For Non-native English Speakers - Standardized English language proficiency testing is required. Assessment to an acceptable level to determine eligibility. Please refer to the Care Aid and Community Health Worker Registry for current English competency requirements.
- St. John Ambulance Standard first aid with CPR-C or a combination of CPR Level C and OFA Level 1 certificate
- Foodsafe Level 1 certificate
- Criminal record check from the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, including clearance to work with vulnerable adults.
- Current immunizations and TB testing
- Must be physically and psychologically able to complete program activities with appropriate accommodation for disability as evidenced by a signed College of the Rockies medical self-disclosure form.