Applied Research and Innovation in Teaching & Learning
The Inspire Centre is designed to nurture both academic innovation and applied research at College of the Rockies. It is both a space and a collection of services dedicated to inspiring quality, curiosity, innovation, research, and excitement in teaching and learning at College of the Rockies. Our services support:
- the scholarship of teaching and learning;
- learner-centred education;
- teaching effectiveness and student learning; and:
- innovation through applied and community research.
The Inspire Centre space is located at the Cranbrook campus in room 109, the old “Friendship Forest” daycare area across from IT services.
The Inspire Centre will:
- connect and actively support colleagues, build networks, create collective energy, and engage in scholarly inquiry around teaching and learning to promote effective and innovative practice.
- incubate a vibrant applied and community research program to provide opportunities for faculty, students and community partners to participate in research and the promotion of innovation.
To promote the scholarship of teaching and learning; serve as a catalyst for learner-centred education; enhance teaching effectiveness and student learning; and support, promote and encourage innovation through applied and community research.