Current International Projects
Since 2003, College of the Rockies has been working with several institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations, corporations, and foundations around the world to promote and support skills development training, maternal health care, competency-based education and training (CBET), sustainable tourism, gender equality, HIV/AIDS awareness, micro-finance and management capacity building.
Current Education and Development Projects
MAISHA: Maternal Access and Infant Survival for Health Advancement
A five year partnership with Dedan Kimathi University of Technology in Kenya, funded by Global Affairs Canada.
- BO-02 Industrial Mechanics Education for Employment Project in Bolivia: Working in partnership with Niagara College and the Instituto de Aprendizaje Industrial in Oruro, Bolivia to train trainers in the development of a new industrial mechanics program with specializations in electro-pneumatics and electro-hydraulics. This project is funded by Global Affairs Canada, and administered by Colleges and Institutes Canada.
- Youth Skills Development Pre-Technology Training Program in Dominica and Saint Vincent: Working in partnership with NSCC and Bow Valley College in Canada, and the Sector Skills Development Agency and Dominica State College in the Caribbean to build a more equitable labor market particularly for disadvantaged groups. This project is administered by CICan and funded by Global Affairs Canada and Department for International Development.
Improving Skills Training for Employment Program (ISTEP) in Tanzania: The ISTEP initiative is a five-year (2014-2019) $13,000,000 CDN program funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada (GAC). ISTEP aims to improve the ability of Tanzanian technical and vocational training institutions to deliver effective skills training programs. In 2015, the College of the Rockies was selected to support two separate ISTEP partnerships:
- ISTEP – 01 Working in partnership with Camosun College, College of the Rockies signed a three-year partnership with Colleges and Institutes Canada to provide training and technical assistance in a new program in Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics at Mwanza Regional Vocational Training and Service Centre (MRVSTC)
- ISTEP – 07 Working in partnership with the College of New Caledonia, College of the Rockies signed a three-year partnership with Colleges and Institutes Canada and VETA Shinyanga to respond to training needs in Heavy Duty/Light Vehicle Equipment Mechanics and institutional capacity building.
Current Corporate Partners
- Panafrican Group: College of the Rockies is working with the Panafrican group, based out of Dubai and one of Africa's largest dealers of Komatsu equipment, to design and upgrade training for their heavy duty mechanics.
Current Foundation Partners
- Lundin Foundation: College of the Rockies is working with the Lundin Foundation, a philanthropic organization, to improve skills training in Technical Vocational Education and Training programs in Lodwar, Kenya.