Try fun activities while at College of the Rockies!
Special events for all College students
A great way to meet Canadian students.
Games and Events:
- Fun tournaments in Volleyball, Table Tennis, Golf and Disc Golf
- Family Fun Night: Games and activities with Canadian students and their families
- Varsity Volleyball Games: come and cheer for our Avalanche volleyball teams!
- Free Movies in the College lecture theatre
Special student activities for local events and attractions:
- Kootenay Ice Hockey - Cheap or free tickets
- Ski/Snowboard Days and Night - Kimberley Ski Resort offers students great prices! Free transportation to some events and cheap rental of equipment.
- Swim Nights - The new indoor Western Financial Place Pool and waterslide is great & students are FREE.
- River Rafting on the Kootenay River - an exciting way to see the beauty of this area at a great price for students
Weekly activities for all College students
(Canadian and international) in the gym
Free Gym Time and Exercise Room - Come in with your friends and play any gym activity you like at no cost, or get fit for free in the College's weight room featuring a variety of exercise equipment.
Rent X-country ski equipment and/or snowshoes from the gym - cheap prices for students and a forest with lots of great trails beside the College!
- Futsal - indoor soccer that's played with a low bounce ball.
- Volleyball - no cost and no need to be on a team, this is a free "drop-in" event
- Badminton - a free drop-in event
- Co-ed Basketball - a drop-in activity for all students
- Cranbrook Badminton Club - Community Club that encourages everyone to play!
Visit the Recreation and Athletics site for more student activities and events