International Youth Internship Program
Are you looking for the international experience you need to launch a successful career?
The International Youth Internship Program offers Canadian post-secondary graduates the opportunity to gain professional experience through international development work.
College of the Rockies, Bow Valley College and Selkirk College are providing opportunities to 28 young Canadians each year (2018 through 2020) to support sustainable international development initiatives with partners in Africa, Central America, and the Caribbean.
Through the program, College of the Rockies, Bow Valley College and Selkirk College aim to:
- Provide eligible Canadian youth with international experience, skills and knowledge that will prepare them for future employment.
- Increase employment opportunities by promoting awareness among Canadian organizations of the advantages of integrating young Canadian professionals into their structures and programs.
- Provide opportunities for Canadian youth to promote Canada’s international development efforts both in Canada and abroad.
To qualify, Canadian youth must:
- Be between the ages of 19 - 30
- Be graduates of a degree or diploma program
For internships offered by College of the Rockies (June 4 to December 14, 2018) the deadline to submit applications is Friday, March 23.
International Internships offered by College of the Rockies
Dominica (Dominica State College)
Ethiopia (Catering and Tourism Training Institute)
Kenya (Dedan Kimathi University of Technology)
- Agritourism Innovation Officer
- Ecotourism Business Officer
- Reproductive Health Outreach Officer (two positions)
Tanzania (Mwanza Regional Vocational Training Service Centre)
- Gender Equality Outreach Officer (two positions)