Plumber Level 2 Apprenticeship
Growing construction activity in BC has resulted in an increased need for skilled plumbers in commercial, institutional and industrial builds. Plumber Apprenticeship Level 2 is your next step to becoming a Red Seal certified plumber.
This 6-week program covers the skills, knowledge and training required for Level 2 of the 4 Level Industry Training Authority (ITA) Plumber Apprenticeship Program.
In order to take this program, you must be a sponsored apprentice who has successfully completed a Foundation or Apprenticeship Level 1 program.
- Topics covered include using measuring and leveling tools, installing, maintaining and repairing sanitary and storm drainage systems, fixtures and appliances, hydronic heating and cooling systems, and specialized systems, such as medical gas and compressed air systems.
- The program includes classroom theory, demonstrations and practical hands-on training in a plumbing lab and shop setting.
- Safe work habits are important in this trade and are emphasized, practiced and reinforced throughout the program.
To view the official program outline, see: Plumber Apprenticeship Level 2
In order to take this program you must have:
- Successfully completed a Foundation or Apprenticeship Level 1 program
- Have an employer sponsor
Next intake: March 25 - May 3, 2019
Interested in becoming an employer sponsor? Visit: ITA Employer Sponsor Overview
Tuition and Fees:
Refer to: Tuition Calculator
You must also provide your own:
- CSA approved personal protective equipment (PPE)
- CSA approved hardhat, blue in colour
- Steel-toed work boots
- Safety glasses
- Reference materials
- Pen, pencils, coloured pencils, etc.
- Three-ringed binders and paper (lined and unlined)
- Geometry set
Plumber Level 2 Technical Training Content
PLUMB 201 Use Tools and Equipment
• Use measuring and levelling tools
PLUMB 202 Organize Work
• Read drawings and specifications
• Plan a project
PLUMB 203 Install Sanitary and Storm Drainage Systems
• Install sanitary drain, waste, and vent systems
• Install storm drainage systems
• Test and commission sanitary and storm drainage systems
• Maintain and repair sanitary and storm drainage systems
PLUMB 204 Install Fixtures and Appliances
• Install fixtures and trim
• Install appliances
• Test and commission fixtures and appliances
• Maintain and repair fixtures and appliances
PLUMB 205 Install Hydronic Heating and Cooling Systems
• Describe the operation of hydronic heating and cooling piping systems
• Install hydronic heating and cooling systems
• Test and commission hydronic systems
• Maintain and repair hydronic systems
PLUMB 206 Install Specialized Systems
• Install medical gas systems
• Install compressed air systems
• Test and commission specialized systems
• Maintain and repair specialized systems
Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG)
When you complete your Red Seal program, you can apply for the one-time taxable cash Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG) of $2,000.00 after you have been certified in your trade. See: Grants for Apprentices registered in Red Seal Trades.