Program Calendar (2018/19)
HSWR-214 - Introduction to Addictions
|HSWR-214||Introduction to Addictions||3 - credits||$387.39|
This course provides the learner with an overview of current practice, theories and models in the field of substance use. Topics include: models of addiction, assessment, intervention and treatment for alcohol and other drug abuse; the impact of substance use on the individual, family and society in general; and ethical issues and challenges for practitioners.
Prerequisites: Minimum 65% in English 12 or equivalent (refer to Course Equivalency information on the College website).
Delivery Method: Online
Credits: 3 | Length: 45 hours | Course Outline for HSWR-214
HSWR-214 Introduction to Addictions can be found in the following programs:
- Aboriginal Education Support Worker - Diploma
- Criminal and Social Justice - Certificate
- Criminal and Social Justice - Diploma
- Human Service Worker - Citation
- Human Service Worker - Diploma