Program Calendar (2017/18)
PHYS-103 - Introduction to Physics 1
|PHYS-103||Introduction to Physics 1||3 - credits||$318.06|
This course introduces the student to how calculus is used to build physical theory and to solve problems in kinematics, dynamics, momentum, and centre of mass calculations. In addition, the student is introduced to several conservation laws, in particular conservation of mechanical energy and linear and angular momentum.
Prerequisites: PHYS 090, Physics 12, or equivalent. MATH 103 is a required course, either taken prior or concurrently.
Delivery Method: On-Campus
Lab Required: Yes - please note courses with labs are charged an additional fee of $24.34 per course credit.
Credits: 3 | Length: 90 hours | Course Outline for PHYS-103
PHYS-103 Introduction to Physics 1 can be found in the following programs:
- Arts and Sciences - Diploma
- Associate of Science (ASc) - Environmental Sciences - Associate Degree
- Biology and Medicine Pre-Major - Associate Degree
- Engineering (transfer to UBC) - Certificate
- Engineering (transfer to UVic) - Certificate