Program Calendar (2017/18)
COMC-253 - Intercultural Communication
|COMC-253||Intercultural Communication||3 - credits||$318.06|
This course explores the inherent relationship between culture, language and communication. The key concepts of study are identity, culture, assumptions and stereotypes, beliefs, value systems, and globalization. From theory to practice, students will investigate the impact of identity and context in intercultural interactions. The focus of this course is to help students develop meaningful strategies to communicate in today’s culturally diverse communities.
Prerequisites: ENGL 100 or COMC 101 or equivalent with instructor permission.
Delivery Method: On-Campus Online Blended
Credits: 3 | Length: 45 hours | Course Outline for COMC-253
COMC-253 Intercultural Communication can be found in the following programs:
- Aboriginal Education Support Worker - Diploma
- Criminal and Social Justice - Diploma
- Global Studies Advanced Certificate (Canadian) - Graduate Certificate
- Global Studies Advanced Certificate (International) - Graduate Certificate
- Social Work Pre-Major - Associate Degree
- Tourism and Recreation Management - Diploma