Heavy Duty Equipment Technician - Year 3 - Apprenticeship (2018/19)
|Total Cost (tuition & fees)||$641.94|
|International Tuition »|
All students that apply to the College are required to pay the $30 application fee. The application fee for international students is $100. Trades Apprenticeship students who are new to the College pay a one-time application fee per trade.
|Student Association Fee:|
For credit based courses there is an $11.50 student association fee for each course. The maximum student associate fee is 3 courses per semester for a total of $34.50. Some programs (Trades, Vocational & Health) are charged based on number of weeks they are in session. For these programs the student association fee is $2.30 per week of study (an 8 week program is charged $2.30 x 8 weeks = $18.40 fee).
*These prices are for domestic students and may not be 100% accurate. However, these estimates will give you an adequate idea of tuition and fees for our programs. These prices do not include textbook costs. All prices are subject to change.
Additional Program Info
This comprehensive 6 week program covers the required technical training for Year 3 of the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship Program.
This program covers the diagnosing and repairing of clutches, transmissions, automated systems, torque converters, drivelines, drive axels, final drives, driveline retarders, winches and power take-offs and transfer cases.
- Level 3 student must be a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician apprentice who has successfully completed Year 2 technical training and completed the pre-requisite number of hours of work experience, OR
- Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic (for skills upgrading)
Flexible Assessment (FA): Yes (Credit can be awarded for this program through FA)
Prior Learning Credit: Student may apply for prior learning credit with the ITA (Industry Training Authority), please visit www.itabc.ca
Visit our Trades Training Schedule for program start dates
Upon the successful completion of this program, students should be able to
- describe power transfer systems;
- diagnose and repair clutches;
- diagnose and repair manual transmissions;
- diagnose and repair automated systems;
- diagnose and repair automatic transmissions and torque converters;
- diagnose and repair power shift transmissions;
- diagnose and repair drivelines;
- diagnose and repair drive axles;
- diagnose and repair final drives;
- diagnose and repair driveline retarders;
- diagnose and repair winches; and
- diagnose and repair power take-offs and transfer cases.
Technical Training Content:
HDET 300 - Powertrains
- Describe Power Transfer Systems
- Diagnose and Repair Clutches
- Diagnose and Repair Manual Transmissions
- Diagnose and Repair Automated Systems
- Diagnose and Repair Automatic Transmissions and Torque Converters
- Diagnose and Repair Power Shift Transmissions
- Diagnose and Repair Drivelines
- Diagnose and Repair Drive Axles
- Diagnose and Repair Final Drives
- Diagnose and Repair Driveline Retarders
- Diagnose and Repair Winches
- Diagnose and Repair Power Take-offs and Transfer Cases