Activity Assistant - Certificate of Achievement (2016/17)
|Total Cost (tuition & fees)||$1,249.00|
|Fees for this program are not currently available. For more information please contact registration.|
*These prices are for domestic students and may not be 100% accurate. However, these estimates will give you an adequate idea of tuition and fees for our programs. These prices do not include textbook costs. All prices are subject to change.
The Activity Assistant course is designed to provide post-graduate continuing education for individuals with previous health care education (Health Care Assistants, Resident Care Aides) and experience. The course is designed to provide participants with the concepts and practical skills to deliver activities to clients/residents experiencing cognitive and physical challenges.
Certificate from a recognized educational institution in:
- Health Care Assistant, Resident Care Attendant, Long Term Care Aide
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Immunization Record (or copy of one from current Health employer)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (or copy of one from current Health employer)
- Valid First Aid certificate (with CPR C)
- Foodsafe Level I
- Self-disclosed Medical Questionnaire
- AAP 101 - Framework for Activity Assistant Role - approx 11 weeks
- AAP 102 - Activity for Well-Being - approx. 13 weeks
- AAP 103 - Programming Activities for Clients with Dementia - approx. 11 weeks
- AAP 104 - 45 hour practicum concurrent with AAP 102
- AAP 105 - 90 hour practicum following AAP 103
Many of our programs and courses will allow you to transfer to other colleges and universities in Canada. You can also apply to get transfer credits from past courses that will to go towards completing your program here at College of the Rockies.
Learn how to transfer your courses to College of the Rockies
If you would like to continue your studies our courses transfer to a wide number of Canadian colleges and universities. If you are transferring to a BC college or university visit the BC Transfer website to see if our courses transfer to that institution.