Steamfitter/Pipefitter Year 3 - Apprenticeship (2017/18)
|Total Cost (tuition & fees)||$630.24|
|International Tuition »|
All students that apply to the College are required to pay the $30 application fee. The application fee for international students is $100. Trades Apprenticeship students who are new to the College pay a one-time application fee per trade.
|Student Association Fee:|
For credit based courses there is an $11.50 student association fee for each course. The maximum student associate fee is 3 courses per semester for a total of $34.50. Some programs (Trades, Vocational & Health) are charged based on number of weeks they are in session. For these programs the student association fee is $2.30 per week of study (an 8 week program is charged $2.30 x 8 weeks = $18.40 fee).
*These prices are for domestic students and may not be 100% accurate. However, these estimates will give you an adequate idea of tuition and fees for our programs. These prices do not include textbook costs. All prices are subject to change.
This Steamfitter/Pipefitter program delivers the Year 3 technical training competencies required in the British Columbia Steamfitter/Pipefitter apprenticeship trade.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter means a person who installs, alters, or repairs steam and hot water boilers and systems for generation and conveyance of steam and hot water and process piping systems in industrial project of manufacturing plants.
- Sponsored Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice that has successfully completed Year 2 technical training and completed the pre-requisite number of hours of work experience, OR
- Journeyperson Steamfitter/Pipefitter (for skills upgrading).
Flexible Assessment (FA): Yes (Credit can be awarded for this program through FA)
Prior Learning Credit: Student may apply for prior learning credit with the ITA (Industry Training Authority), please visit www.itabc.ca
Visit our Trades Training Schedule for program start dates
Upon the successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- read drawings and specifications;
- plan a project;
- install fuel oil piping system;
- install low pressure steam piping systems;
- install high pressure steam piping systems;
- describe feedwater treatment systems;
- install fire protection piping systems;
- describe potable water distribution systems;
- describe the installation of cross connection assemblies;
- test and commission cross connection assemblies; and
- install and service fuel and gas systems.
Technical Training Content:
PFIT 301 Organize Work
- Read drawings and specifications
- Plan a project
PFIT 302 Special Application Systems
- Install fuel oil piping systems
- Install low pressure steam piping systems
- Install high pressure steam piping systems
- Describe feedwater treatment systems
- Install fire protection piping systems
PFIT 303 Water Supply
- Describe potable water distribution systems
- Describe the installation of cross connection assemblies
- Test and commission cross connection assemblies
PFIT 304 Install Natural Gas and Propane Systems
- Install and service fuel gas system