Trades Program Tuition
Trades Program Costs – $92.62/per week full-time.
* Included: Student Association Fees – $2.30/week full-time, $1.15/week part-time; except where noted otherwise.
** Included, if applicable: tool box deposit and Occupational First Aid Level 1
*** Included, if applicable: Mandatory UPass @ $44.40 for Fall and Winter semesters and $22.20 for Spring and Summer semesters for full-time status at the Cranbrook campus; except where noted otherwise.
Online courses are excluded from UPass fees.
- Apprenticeship Technical Training programs – $92.62 per week full-time
- Automotive Service Technician Foundation – $3,052.40
- Carpentry Foundation – $2,474.48
- Construction Electrician Foundation – $2,399.48
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Foundation – $3,630.32
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Foundation – $2,526.63
- Metal Fabricator Foundation – $2,381.86
- Professional Cook 1 – $2,682.16 Fall Intake; $2,659.96 Winter Intake
- Steamfitter/Pipefitter Foundation – $2,196.62
- Timber Framing - $4,938.36
- Welding – Continuous Intake: $92.62 per week full-time
Payment and Refund of Fees
Fees may be paid to the College of the Rockies using the following methods: INTERAC, VISA, MASTERCARD, cash, cheque, money orders, telephone or internet banking through most major institutions.
A $200 non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required in order to register for Vocational & Trades programs. The deposit is applied to tuition fees. The date of the balance owing varies as outlined in your acceptance letter.
Refunds for Vocational Programs (Full-Time)
Vocational students registered as full-time or part-time in programs designated as fixed full-time (start date is fixed) will be refunded as follows, recorded on the Record of Training submitted by the instructor:
a. Withdrawal within 14 days following the first instructional day of the program: 75% (seventy-five percent) of the tuition fees paid
b. Withdrawal within 28 days following the first instructional day of the program: 50% (fifty percent) of the tuition fees paid.
c. Withdrawal more than 28 days following the first instructional day of the program: No Refund.
Vocational students registered as full-time or part-time in programs designated as continuous full-time (weekly or monthly start dates) will be refunded on a weekly prorated basis for the number of complete weeks remaining in their registration period, recorded on the Record of Training submitted by the instructor.
The fees for some programs are not refundable as a result of strict minimum enrolment requirements.