Cannabis Retail Specialist Program
- This 26-week program is available online. Though the program content can be accessed at any time of the day, there are regular milestones and deadlines that must be adhered to in order to successfully complete the program within the allotted time.
- Program start date: May 13, 2018
- This program includes a work placement to gain hands-on experience in a retail cannabis related business.
- This program is offered four times per year, in May, August, November and February.
- A Continuing Education - Certificate of Achievement is awarded to those that successfully complete the program.
College of the Rockies’ Cannabis Retail Specialist program is designed to provide participants with training for employment in the emerging cannabis industry and to prepare retail workers to effectively serve and educate their customers.
During this program, you will study plant anatomy and physiology, the chemical components, strain characteristics, and potential medicinal applications of cannabis as well as regulatory requirements, preparation techniques and methods of administration, along with human physiology and nutrition.
A 40 hour practicum placement is a component of this program. Placements can be arranged in the student’s area of residence and, in most circumstances, will not require travel.
*Note: This program information is correct at the time of publication. The guidelines surrounding the retail sale of cannabis continue to evolve. Program content may also evolve to ensure relevance to changing government standards, educational, employment and marketing needs.