Workshops and Individual Consultations
Federal and Provincial Government Agencies
- Public Service Commission of Canada
- BC Public Services Agency
- Federal youth employment programs
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- BC Ministry of Advanced Education
- BC Ministry of Employment and Labour Market Services
- BC Ministry of Labour and Citizens' Services
- Public Works and Government Services
Regional Employment Agencies
- Cranbrook, Columbia Valley, Elk Valley, and Golden: Work BC
Banff and Canmore area: The Job Resource Centre
No Work Experience? Gain valuable work experience as a volunteer at:
39-13th Avenue South
Cranbrook, BC V1C 2V4
Tel: (250) 426-8019
Fax: (250) 426-2134
Volweb.ca (new site to volunteer at community events - check it out!)
Free online Getting Hired course now available for registered COTR students.
Choose "Log in as a Guest". You will be asked for a enrolment key to enter this course. Please send an e-mail to Student Employment Services to ask for this key.
Workshops on resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, job searching and networking are often given to classes at the College. Your instructor will arrange these.
Throughout the year group workshops are also held at lunch hours and the evenings. These will be advertised on this website and on the Job Board.
Individual employment consultations by appointment are available to registered students at the College of the Rockies. Students should first check for scheduled group workshops or to see if arrangements have been made by program instructors.
Students requiring assistance in career or education planning should contact Student Services.
If you are interested in booking an individual consultation please call
(250) 489-2751, extension 3441.