* Jobs for Students.
Date posted: 5/29/2012
Closing date: 6/30/2012
Number of positions: 8
Location: Penticton, BC
Graduate of Care Aide Program
Description / duties:
Haven Hill Retirement Centre is expanding and looking for Resident Care Aides to join our dedicated and caring team. Full-time, part-time and casual opportunities are available.
Resident Care Aides are responsible for providing holistic quality resident care:
• Supporting and maintaining Haven Hill’s values
• Ensuring that the residents’ activities of daily living needs are met
• Providing residents with nutritional assistance
• Assisting residents with mobility throughout the facility
• Observing and reporting any changes in residents functional and cognitive behaviour
• Encouraging residents engagement in social, physical, spiritual and recreational activities
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment
• Encouraging and adhering to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing residents’ potential and assisting with decisions regarding residents’ life and care
• Other related duties as required
• Graduate from a recognized Care Aide Program
• Previous experience in a long-term care facility is preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• In good health, free from communicable diseases and able to physically perform tasks associated with the role
• Legally eligible to work in Canada
At Haven Hill residents come first.
We work together as a team to provide the best care for our residents and value safety above all else.
We are always professional, respectful, caring and thoughtful.
We strive to make life better at Haven Hill with every task, be it small or challenging, routine or extraordinary.
We work together as a team to support each other to achieve the best outcome and care for our residents.
We are committed to providing outstanding care in a safe, harmonious and engaging environment.
We give our best and we value being the best team in serving our residents.
Please forward your resume and cover letter (indicating availability for f/t, p/t and/or casual) to HHCareers@shawcable.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Haven Hill Retirement Centre
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.