Date posted: 11/14/2017
Closing date: 1/31/2018
Number of positions: 2
Location: Osoyoos BC
Description / duties:
The Residential Care-Aide provides for the individual needs of the residents according to established resident care plan, all components of activities of daily living.
• Promotes the provision of resident focused care in accordance with the organization policies, physician’s orders, resident plan of care, resident bill of rights and related philosophies.
• Provides care and services to the residents with respect to their senses, communication, activities of daily living and personal life style choices.
• Observes, reports, records resident conditions and follows care plans as directed by the Registered Nurse and/or Registered Practical Nurse.
• Participates and contributes in all aspects of quality, risk, records and infection control measures and/or programs.
• Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, resident’s family, visitors and staff in a positive manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Grade 12 education plus graduation from a recognized Long Term Care Aide program and has had Dementia Care component in their program or has completed a recognized Dementia Care program; or an equivalent combination of education, training and Food safe. WHIMIS.
• Care Aide Certificate and current first aid
• Care aide registry numbers
8816 97th Street Osoyoos, B.C. V0H 1V5
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.