Accounting and Administration Manager
Date posted: 11/14/2017
Closing date: 12/31/2017
Number of positions: 1
Location: 4201 Echo Field Rd, Cranbrook, BC V1C 7B6
Description / duties:
Founded in 1989, CanWel is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CWX, and is Canada’s only fully integrated national distributor in the building materials and related products sector.
CanWel operates multiple treating plants and planing facilities in Canada and the United States, and operates distribution centres coast to coast in all major cities and strategic locations across Canada, and near San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. CanWel distributes a wide range of building materials, lumber, and renovation products. In addition, through its CanWel Fibre division, CanWel operates a vertically-integrated forest products company based in Western Canada, operating from British Columbia to Saskatchewan, also servicing the US Pacific Northwest. CanWel owns approximately 136,000 acres of private timberlands, strategic Crown licenses and tenures, log harvesting and trucking operations, several post and pole peeling facilities, and two pressure-treated specialty wood production plants.
Reporting to the Vice President, CanWel Fibre Corp., with dotted line to the Divisional Controller at Head Office in Vancouver, the Accounting and Administration Manager ensures adherence with financial and budgetary controls, policies and procedures in the field, and coordinates reporting with the Finance team at Head Office.
• Ensures inventory controls are in place and implemented, and inventory records are accurate and up-to-date at all times.
• Manages and coordinates monthly inventory counts and cycle counts.
• Summarizes and analyzes inventory sheets compared to general ledger.
• Ensures processes are adhered to, by all parties, for receiving, shipping, and purchasing.
• Ensures staff and management are adhering to the time and attendance polices, and that timesheets/payroll records accurately reflect staff deployed in the field.
• Manages inventory of trucks and heavy duty equipment (logging equipment and road building equipment).
• Tracks equipment usage hours.
• Ensures insurance, permits, and licenses are current.
• Works in coordination with Fleet Administration Coordinator in Head Office.
• Work with Divisional Controller to prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports.
• Manage five administrative staff (3 in Cranbrook and 2 in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan)
• Regular full-time, 40 hours a week
• Required to work one Saturday a month for inventory counts
WORK LOCATION: 4201 Echo Field Rd, Cranbrook, BC V1C 7B6
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting:
Reference Number: CFC-BC-CRN-129-210717
in the subject line.
CanWel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Minimum three years of experience in a role with similar level of responsibilities
• Able to influence without direct authority
• Able to educate users of process in order to gain cooperation
• Aptitude for detail when working with spreadsheets (MS Excel) to ensure accuracy of data
• Able to work independently and stay organized
• Able to take initiative and prioritize work tasks
• Able to manage and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Computer competence
o Proficient with Microsoft Excel and MS Office at an intermediate level
o Experience with ERP systems
• One of the following:
o Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
o 2 year diploma in Accounting
CanWel Fibre Corp.
4201 Echo Field Rd, Cranbrook, BC V1C 7B6
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.