Date posted: 12/18/2017
Closing date: 3/17/2018
Number of positions: 1
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada or Remote
Description / duties:
IKO Roofing Products. Family Owned. Globally focused.
Who we are
Established in 1951, IKO is a private, family run business and a worldwide leader in the roofing, waterproofing and insulation industry for residential and commercial markets. IKO continues to strive to be the most technologically advanced roofing manufacturers in North America.
We are currently seeking an Architectural Representative to join our commercial sales team in Edmonton, Alberta. This is an opportunity to apply your expertise, build relationships and answer technical questions related to our commercial roofing and building envelope products. Based out of Edmonton, but including Northern Alberta and Northwest Territories, our new representative will be required to travel throughout the designated area promoting IKO Commercial Roofing and Building Envelope products to the Design Community.
This role requires travel and is a remote / work from home position.
As our new Architectural Representative you will:
• Review job specifications and proactively work with key customer segments to ensure that IKO is listed in the project manual.
• Identify, qualify, create demand, and pursue opportunities at assigned and prospective new architectural and design firms.
• Monitor specification portals for upcoming and future projects and provide leads to assigned customers.
• Conduct product knowledge training sessions such as lunch & learns.
• Develop and manage personal relationships with key product specifiers and decision makers in assigned market.
• Attend and participate in related association events to promote IKO Commercial and building envelope products.
At IKO, we recognize that our success is due to the strength of our employees and to that end we nurture and support our employees’ sense of accomplishment and their contribution. We invest not only in our employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, but in the community we live and work in. To join our team, apply here or follow us on LinkedIn for future opportunities.
IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
IKO Industries Ltd also welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply through this link: http://bit.ly/2CmI3nF
So, here’s how we know you are the right person for the role, you have:
• Direct industry knowledge. You have 3+ years in a related position or technical sales. You might have a college diploma as an Architectural Technologist or in Construction.
• Motivation, passion and flexibility. You are equally dedicated to research and specification reviews as you are to shaking hands and building relationships. You are passionate about quality and can effectively manage multiple tasks while working independently. You have a valid driver’s license and can travel throughout your designated territory.
• Communication and technical confidence. Your written and verbal presentations skills are outstanding. You can confidently reach out to and work with a range of clients in the design and construction industry. You have experience using MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
• Additional assets. Previous experience with roofing and building envelope is beneficial.
1 Yorkdale Rd., Suite 602
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.