Field Trainer, Commercial Roofing
Date posted: 12/21/2017
Closing date: 3/17/2018
Number of positions: 1
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Description / duties:
As our new Field Service Technician (Commercial Roofing) you will:
• Liaise with the commercial contracting community and perform quality assurance inspections of ongoing and completed sites.
• Prepare and conduct both theory and hands-on commercial product training for existing and potential Registered Contractors.
• Liaise with the contracting community and distribution network on product promotion and theory education.
• Produce written inspection and quality assurance reports for internal and external customers.
• Attend and participate in related association events to promote IKO Commercial products.
At IKO, we recognize that our success is due to the strength of our employees and to that end we nurture and support our employees’ sense of accomplishment and their contribution. We invest not only in our employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, but in the community we live and work in. To join our team, apply here or follow us on LinkedIn for future opportunities.
IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
IKO Industries Ltd also welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply through this link: http://bit.ly/2o7e687
IKO Roofing Products. Family Owned. Globally focused.
Who we are
Established in 1951, IKO is a private, family run business and a worldwide leader in the roofing, waterproofing and insulation industry for residential and commercial markets. IKO continues to strive to be the most technologically advanced roofing manufacturers in North America.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician (Commercial Roofing) to join our commercial sales team in Calgary, Alberta. This is a role for an experienced roofer to demonstrate the application of IKO Commercial Roofing and Building Envelope products to the Contracting Community. Based in Calgary, our new Technician will be required to travel throughout the designated area answering technical questions and promoting IKO commercial products.
This role requires travel and is a remote / work from home position.
So, here’s how we know you are the right person for the role, you have:
• Direct industry knowledge. You have several years hands-on experience in commercial roofing including exposure to our roofing and building envelope products. Formal training as a journeyman or roofer such as a diploma in Roofing, Construction Technology or Journeyman is an asset.
• Motivation, passion and flexibility. You are extremely comfortable climbing up a ladder, demonstrating product application and providing hands-on training. You are passionate about quality and can effectively manage multiple tasks while working independently. You have a valid driver’s license and can travel throughout your designated territory.
• Communication and technical confidence. You can confidently reach out to and work with contractors, presenting the benefits of our commercial roofing and building envelope products. You are comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to make presentations.
• Additional assets. Previous experience with building envelope products is beneficial as is, experience with quality assurance inspections.
1 Yorkdale Rd., Suite 602
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.