Date posted: 1/15/2018
Closing date: 2/12/2018
Number of positions: 2
Location: Vernon, BC
Description / duties:
Do you have your Pharmacy Technician certificate? Are you registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia? If so, apply today! We are currently hiring casual Pharmacy Technicians at Vernon Jubilee Hospital.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization the Regulated Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication!
This is a casual opportunity meaning there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary between 0 and 37.5 hours per week. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to a patient, client, or resident.
• Receives prescriptions (verbal and non verbal) from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic by performing duties such as verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
• Prepares and processes prescriptions by performing duties such as entering orders, counting, measuring, packaging or re-packaging medications and compounding various sterile pharmaceutical products according to established procedures. Pre-packages oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries, and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
• Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leave of absence by methods such as reviewing, translating and converting existing inpatient medication orders previously reviewed and approved by a pharmacist.
• Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system.
• Maintains department work areas by ensuring tidiness and order. Stocks pharmaceuticals, labels, containers and glassware in accordance with established procedures and standards.
• Other duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Completion of Grade 12
• Graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Currently practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
Interior Health Authority
505 Doyle Ave, Kelowna BC
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.