Kitchen & Hospitality Co-ordinator
Date posted: 1/15/2018
Closing date: 2/28/2018
Number of positions: 1
Location: Telegraph Cove, BC
Description / duties:
North Island Kayak (NIK) operates a combined Kitchen and Hospitality Service facility in Telegraph Cove. This facility supports up to 24 kayak guides conducting kayaking tours on North Vancouver Island with durations between 2 and 8 days.
The Kitchen and Hospitality coordinator is responsible for the pre-departure shore based activities that result in quality meals being prepared by our kayak guides, from the freshest ingredients we can carry. Also for the general organization, cleanliness and efficiency of our Kitchen and Hospitality facility including food, food containment and laundry.
• Responsible for our food ordering, reception, rotation and organization.
• Creation of quality meal plans suitable for back country preparation without refrigeration, using the freshest ingredient selection.
• Alerts kayak guides to and develops solutions for guest dietary requirements.
• Minimizes waste and loss.
• Maintenance and continued development of our comprehensive menu and recipe book.
• Introduction of new menu items and preparation instruction.
• Ensures food and hospitality support supplies are ordered and replenished.
• Maintains general cleanliness, safety & security of our hospitality facility.
• Coordinates and organizes our laundry.
• Provides ongoing training to kayak guides and North Island Kayak support staff in functional aspects under the positions perusal.
• Maintains communication with office staff regarding any client needs/dietary concerns.
Period of employment.
Approx. Late May to Late September.
About Telegraph Cove.
Telegraph Cove is a tiny village on the north east side of Vancouver Island. Its remoteness, abundance of wildlife, fishing, whale watching and kayaking opportunities bring thousands of tourists in the summer months. The largest nearby town is Port McNeill about half an hour’s drive away.
Required Qualifications & Experience.
• A strong self-starter. Responsible, reliable, decisive & mature.
• Ability to work alone with little supervision
• Familiarity with preparing meals and meal plans.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and energetic team environment.
• Hotel, kitchen &/or grocery store experience a strong asset.
• Computer & communication skills
• Food Safe
• Post-secondary education preferred
• Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or appropriate work visa.
• A valid driver’s licence.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
To apply for this position
Review the following requirements and send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please clearly identify the position applied for and include the following information.
• A cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position and why North Island Kayak should hire you.
• A current resume.
• Contact details for at least two work references.
• If you are at college or university, provide one faculty reference.
• Details of relevant certifications, achievement dates and renewal dates if applicable.
• Expected pay.
• Availability dates.
North Island Kayak
Box 213, Telegraph Cove, BC V0N3J0
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.