Community Health Worker
Date posted: 2/1/2018
Closing date: 2/26/2018
Number of positions: 1
Location: Nelson, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Nelson Home Support is currently seeking a permanent part time Community Health Worker to join their team. Are you interested in working regular guaranteed hours while experiencing a spectacular rural setting? Then come to Nelson, BC!
Surrounded by the rugged Selkirk Mountains, Nelson sits on the shores of the West Arm of Kootenay Lake. Picturesque geography, and storybook charm, are combined with cosmopolitan sophistication. Lush parks, colorful gardens and over 350 heritage buildings give the city of Nelson a unique charm.
Known as “City of the Arts,” Nelson has been consistently ranked as the number one small town arts community in Canada. Residents enjoy a wide range of leisure pursuits, including hiking, mountain biking, boating, fishing, golfing and skiing. Whether gliding through the incredible powder at Whitewater Ski Resort, catching a twenty-five pound rainbow trout on Kootenay Lake, or simply enjoying a leisurely day of shopping along historic Baker Street, Nelson is a beautiful place to raise a family. But don't take our word for it, have a look for yourself!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
The hours of work are from 14:00 to 21:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturdays and Stats (Sundays and Mondays off).
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day!
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the Gordon Road Wellness Centre is the place for you. This position is also eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
Interior Health Authority
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.