Community Health Worker
Date posted: 2/1/2018
Closing date: 2/26/2018
Number of positions: 3
Location: Castlegar, British Columbia
Description / duties:
Are you a Community Health Worker dedicated to delivering patient-centered care and looking for a challenging new opportunity? Then we want you to come join our team in Castlegar Home Support.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. We are specifically looking for applicants interested in covering Saturday and Sunday day and evening shifts from 07:00 to 23:00 however this position is intended to fill in for team members during vacation, illness and stats and may include split shifts and shifts on other days of the week as well.
There is plenty of work for our casual staff at this time and we would love to add some committed and motivated new members to our team. Apply Today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
Interior Health Authority
505 Doyle Avenue
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.