Senior Office Administrator
Date posted: 2/1/2018
Closing date: 3/31/2018
Number of positions: 1
Location: Cranbrook, BC
Description / duties:
Reporting to the Divisional Controller at Head Office in Vancouver, with a dotted line to the Vice President of CanWel Fibre in Cranbrook, the Senior Office Administrator is responsible for the coordination of administrative resources in our Cranbrook location and will be accountable for adherence with internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Ensures processes are adhered to, by all parties, for receiving, shipping, and purchasing and will act as the communication liaison with the Divisional Controller
• Investigate any process failures and work with Divisional Controller to recommend solutions to enhance process and controls
• Work closely with staff and management to ensure timesheets and payroll records are processed and approved in a timely manner
• Provide accurate reports requested by managers or accounting staff at Head Office
• Work with management team to ensure adequate administrative staffing levels to meet reporting and other deadlines by creating a cross-training matrix to ensure all duties are covered during holidays/busy workdays
• Works in coordination with Fleet Administration Coordinator in Head Office to ensure insurance, permits, and licenses are current
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular full-time, 40 hours a week
WORK LOCATION: 4201 Echo Field Rd, Cranbrook, BC V1C 7B6
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter in MS Word format to email@example.com quoting:
Reference Number: CFC-BC-CRN-014-240118
in the subject line.
CanWel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Minimum one year of experience in a role with similar level of responsibilities
• Able to influence without direct authority
• Able to educate users of process in order to gain cooperation
• Aptitude for detail when working with spreadsheets (MS Excel) to ensure accuracy of data
• Able to work independently and stay organized
• Able to take initiative and prioritize work tasks
• Able to manage and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Computer competence
o Proficient with Microsoft Excel and MS Office at an intermediate level
o Experience with ERP systems
• Diploma in Administration would be an asset, or working towards a similar certificate or diploma
CanWel Fibre Corporation
4201 Echo Field Rd
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.