Specialized Outreach Worker, Part-Time
Date posted: 2/1/2018
Closing date: 2/18/2018
Number of positions: 1
Location: Cranbrook, BC
Description / duties:
WJS Canada is currently looking for an individual to join our new Outreach program in Cranbrook, as a part-time Specialized Outreach Worker.
Job Reference – #EK116-SOW
Identifies and provides specialized supports and interventions for persons with developmental disabilities, FAS/FAE and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder in an accredited agency. Supports and instruction focus on community inclusion skill development, social network and employment skills.
WJS Canada outreach services provide opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities to participate in their community and enjoy a range of social and leisure activities. Outreach services are a community-based mix of employment preparation and community involvement. We offer one-on-one services operating from served individual's homes or in the community.
One (1) part-time position with a weekly schedule of 12 hours:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1330-1730
What’s in it for you?
- Inspiring, challenging and rewarding work where you will make a difference each and every day that you work.
- Appreciative teams, appreciative clients, organizational recognition and rewards.
- Ability to ignite your career, while increasing your knowledge and skills through training and development programs.
- Comprehensive benefit plans for eligible employees.
- Flexible scheduling providing opportunity for those currently enrolled in post-secondary education and those with families
- Competitive Hourly Wage
Complete details can be found at https://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=76383&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0118-1272&BRID=EX66958&SBDID=21875&LANG=1
Deadline for applications is February 18th, 2018 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply with a resume and covering letter (outline education, experience and references) stating which location your prefer and include Reference #EK116-SOW Attention: Phyllis Ortynski
As an ideal candidate you possess:
- A degree, diploma or certificate in one of the humanities, social work or related field. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of one year experience working with persons with a developmental disability, autism and/or FASD
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate (or ability to obtain prior to employment)
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and current driver’s abstract (hiring subject to abstract review)
- Cellular phone with data plan (compensation provided for business use of personal device)
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate or equivalent certification (or ability to obtain during probationary period)
**All applicants must provide at hiring, a current (dated within 3 months of hire date) Criminal Record Check and/or Ministry Check prior to confirmation of employment with WJS Canada. As these checks can often take 1-6 weeks to obtain, it is recommended that applicants prepare accordingly.
2 - 11491 Kingston St, Maple Ridge BC
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.