Date posted: 2/2/2018
Closing date: 3/30/2018
Number of positions: 1
Location: Beaver Mines Lake, Alberta
Description / duties:
The Adventure Facilitator is our specialist in delivering Impeesa’s key high adventure program activities. They are trained safety experts in the operation and facilitation of our climbing tower, bouldering wall, low ropes course, double zip line and high ropes elements. They serve to deliver programs to our summer camp sessions, rental member groups and non-member groups including schools and other organizations. They will also help deliver parts of the camp staff training in collaboration with the Assistant Program Coordinator.
As part of the AF’s other duties, when not assigned to a specific program activity, they will take on a specialty role in either camp property, summer camp resource or rental group resource. Time will be split between both aspects of the role.
Application and Hiring:
• Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted
• Apply by submitting an online application form from the camp webpage, http://www.campimpeesa.ca/jobs
• Applications will be accepted until positions have been filled
• Experience working with youth and adult groups in a positive and enthusiastic manner
• Summer camp experience serving 1 or more seasons at a camp an asset
• Certification or the willingness to obtain certification in all element program activities offered at Camp Impeesa, Level 1 minimum
• Provide a clear and clean police record check with vulnerable sector check prior to start date
• Current Standard First Aid & CPR certification, minimum
• Completion or willingness to complete Scouts Canada’s online adult screening and training
• Completion or willingness to complete the RESPECT in Sport for Activity Leaders Training at your cost
• Comfortable living on site at camp in a rustic setting for the duration of the position
• Able to work above and beyond an 8 hour day including evenings and weekends
Camp Impeesa High Adventure
P.O Box 3040
Legal Disclaimer: With the exception of on-campus College of the Rockies student positions, these postings come from external employers and the College is not responsible for the accuracy of postings, for employer hiring procedures, or for ANY changes (including dates) made after the initial posting.