Transfer Credit Information
Visiting Students

Visiting students are students from another institution who register for courses at College of the Rockies and plan to transfer those courses back to their home institution. Usually, visiting students require a  letter of permission from their home institution to confirm the transfer credit that will be given.

Visiting at College of the Rockies

  • Apply for a letter of permission from the institution where you are currently enrolled (home institution)
  • Submit the letter of permission to the College of the Rockies Registrar.

Visiting at another institution

  • Complete a College of the Rockies request for Letter of Permission Form (you must be a student in good standing)
  • Submit the form to the College's Registrar's Office with a detailed course outline
  • The College's Registrar will determine the transferability of your requested course and send a letter of permission to the teaching institution.
  • This letter will indicate that you are a student in good standing and list the course(s) you have permission to take and the equivalent course at the College. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
  • When you have completed the course, submit an Application for Transfer Credit to the Articulation Officer along with an official transcript from the teaching institution.

Note: Only courses that are applicable to the College of the Rockies student's current program of study are considered for approval. Students must achieve a minimum grade of 60% in order to receive transfer of credit.