Tuition & Fees
Tuition for College of the Rockies programs is calculated using "cost-per-credit" or "cost-per-week". Most of our academic courses are calculated based on a "cost-per-credit" basis and many of our vocational & trades programs are calculated on a "cost-per-week" basis. To see tuition and fees for individual programs visit our main tuition page.
Note: tuition fees include an alumni fee, student activity fees, and technology fee.
Course & Program Tuition - 2017/18
- Cost-per-credit = $62.48 to $232.88 (depending on course)
- Cost-per-week = $77.06 to $119.89 (depends on program)
Course & Program Fees - 2017/18
Students' Association fees: for credit-based courses there is an $11.50 Students' Association fee for each course to a maximum of 3 courses per semester for $34.50. Some programs (Trades, Vocational & Health) are charged based on the length of program. For these programs the Students' Association fee is $2.30 per week of study (an 8 week program is charged $2.30 x 8 weeks = $18.40).
Lab fees: when a course has a required lab component there is an additional $24.34 fee per course credit to a maximum of 3 credits or $73.02 per course.
U-Pass fees: if you are enrolled in full-time studies, your U-Pass provides you with unlimited access to public transit in the Cranbrook area and free swimming at the RecPlex during designated times. This fee only applies to students enrolled in an on-campus program at the Cranbrook and Gold Creek campuses (online students are not required to pay bus pass fees).
- If you are taking 3 or more courses during a semester a mandatory U-Pass fee of $44.40 will be charged for or Fall and Winter semesters and $22.20 for Spring and Summer semesters.
- If you are taking 1 directed studies course, a mandatory U-Pass fee of $44.40 will be charged for Fall and Winter semesters and $22.20 for Spring and Summer semesters.
- If you are a Foundation Trades student you will be charged a U-Pass fee according to the length of your program.
Health & Dental Plan fee: an annual fee of $225 is charged to full-time students for the Health & Dental Plan. This plan provides you with extended health and dental coverage for some of those services not covered by the BC MSP and other health-care programs. For detailed information of the plan visit the COTRSA Studentcare website.
Required Health & Dental Plan enrollment:
- Students registered in the Fall Term in nine credits or more
- English Language Program (ELP) students taking two or more courses
- Students enrolled in full-time programs lasting for at least nine weeks of study
Textbook fees: textbook costs are not included in tuition and fees. We recommend you budget $200 per course for textbooks. This is an estimate as all courses/programs have different textbook requirements.
Other fees: many of our adventure, trades and vocational programs have additional fees that can include:
- Field fees
- Equipment fees
- Salon fees
- Toolbox fees
- PVHE-100 – OFA Level 1 fee (Occupational First Aid Level 1)
- PVHE-701 – TDG fee (Transportation of Dangerous Goods)
- PVHE-700 – WHMIS fee (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
*These tuition and fee estimates, which apply to domestic students only, are subject to change. International students can refer to International Tuition.