Bachelor of Science Nursing
Applicants must satisfy all admission requirements at least 30 days prior to registration to be eligible for a seat.
- All academic courses must have been completed within the last five (5) years.
- BC Secondary school graduation or equivalent
- Minimum 70% or higher in Chemistry 11 or CHEM 080
- Minimum of 70% or higher in MATH 080, 082, 090 or Math 11, as of 2013 in Foundations or Pre-Calculus Math 11 or 12
- Minimum of 70% or higher in Biology 12 or BIOL 090
- Minimum of 70% or higher in English 12 or equivalent
- Completion of CASPer testing. Refer to: takecasper.com
- Applicants with degrees within the past five years are assessed individually to determine equivalency with academic criteria
Students for whom English is a second language may be required to undergo the English Language Testing System (IELTS). An overall score of 6.5 in all bands is required to enter the program.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to arrange this assessment at an IELT test location
- for test locations. Refer to: https://ieltscanadatest.com/
- CASPer testing dates are posted on their website. CASPer testing must be completed prior to February 23, 2018. (Completion dates will be posted each year).
- Must meet the requirements for immunization established for health care workers by the BC Ministry of Health. Completion of immunizations and the immunization form in the BSN Admissions Package by a health care professional is required before final acceptance into the program.
- Self-declared satisfactory health is required by all applicants. This assessment is based on the Requisite Skills and Abilities for Nurses in the BSN Program Admission Package.
- CPR (Level C) is required prior to entry and must be kept valid during the entire program through re-certification every 2 years (the cost of which is the responsibility of the student).
- Criminal record check.
- Conviction of a criminal offense may influence an applicant's access to employment opportunities following graduation.
- Course assignments must be word processed. Word processing, computer and library skills are mandatory.