Bachelor of Science in Nursing
BSN Program Community
There are many ways to become involved in the BSN program, College, and local community.
The following websites provide access to information to learn about:
- Student life at the College of the Rockies: http://www.cotr.bc.ca/studentLife/
- World-class recreational activities and abundance of sunshine that Cranbrook and Area has to offer: http://cranbrook.ca/
- Local health care: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/Pages/default.aspx
- The Ktunaxa people: http://www.ktunaxa.org
While students are in the BSN program, they have the opportunity to join the Canadian Nursing Students' Association (CNSA). CNSA is the national voice of Canadian nursing students. Their goal is to increase the legal, ethical, professional and educational aspects which are an integral part of nursing. CNSA is actively dedicated to the positive promotion of nurses and the nursing profession as a whole. CNSA operates under the Canadian Nurses' Association. The College of the Rockies CNSA is a chapter of the Western Northern Regional CNSA. Check out their Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/COTRCSNA.
College of the Rockies Student's Association
The College of the Rockies Students' Association is comprised of all students who pay a membership fee. The Students' Association is in place to protect the rights of the students as well as to voice the interest of the student body at large, which is achieved through the appointment of students to various College committees. The Students' Association is also dedicated to the growth and continuance of student services and cultural enrichment on campus.
For more information: http://www.cotr.bc.ca/handbook/cotr_web.asp?IDNumber=187
Student Representation on Committees
There are various opportunities for nursing students to serve on committees. The faculty value student participation on these committees as a means to promote communication and student voice. The committees for student representation are:
- Curriculum and Evaluation Committee (one student representative for each year)
- Health Advisory Committee